If you are having Jordan in your mind to visit, then don’t hesitate & be a part of Jordan Travel. Due to COVID-19 visiting Jordan has become more difficult for having many instructions as the other countries have in order to control the Pandemic. From the declaration forum to have a COVID test on the Airport.
Even though Jordan has a strict instruction to enter it, many habits have been changed in order to live normally. The law obliges people to wear masks and avoid crowded places, not only this, but in order to have a meal in any restaurant, or go to any market or shop you should be vaccinated or you will not be allowed to enter any of these places. Being vaccinated is a must nowadays to do any regular work or to move from place to another.
These are the COVID 19 Updated Instructions;
- All passengers must present a negative PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure from the first embarkation airport/border crossing. Exemptions include:
- Children under the age of 5 years.
- All passengers are required to visit https://gateway2jordan.gov.jo to complete the required travel declaration form and obtain the QR code which is mandatory for boarding. Vaccinated travelers will need to show their vaccination certificate or proof of vaccination (full doses) upon check-in and to be uploaded to the platform (https://gateway2jordan.gov.jo). This QR code will also serve as proof of vaccination for fully vaccinated travelers upon arrival in Jordan and while traveling through the country.
- Proof of health/travel insurance that includes Covid-19 coverage is required for foreign nationals. Exemptions include:
- Medical Tourism Patients.
- PCR test upon arrival is mandatory for all passengers, even if vaccinated. The cost is 28 JOD/US$40, to be paid through the https://gateway2jordan.gov.jo portal. Exemptions include:
- Children under the age of 5 years.
- Direct flights to Jordan from the following countries: South Africa, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, and Botswana is totally prohibited. The following shall be applied on foreign nationals coming from these countries:
- Who were in the above countries in the last 14 days are not allowed entry and to transit Jordan.
- Who stayed more than 14 days outside above countries prior to traveling to Jordan are allowed entry into Jordan by applying requirements under points 1, 2 and 4 above.
- Diplomatic QR holders (Diplomats and Employees of Regional and International Organizations (and their dependents and family members holding diplomatic passports, special passports, or regular passports) have a permanent diplomatic QR code that its validity does not expire, and it is possible to return with this code to Jordan for several trips are exempted from:
- PCR test before departure and upon arrival.
- Health insurance.
- International transfer passengers are allowed at Jordanian Airports. Accordingly, a negative PCR test must be provided 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure.
- Any passenger who gives falsified or incorrect information is subject to a fine of 10,000 JOD.
Vaccinated Passenger Procedures:
The following requirements are to be applied on passengers holding a full course vaccination certificate:
- Vaccination certificates proving that full course of vaccination has been completed and issued from the following countries are approved: (Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, EU Countries, Japan, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunis, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA).
- Vaccine certificates are required in Arabic or English language only and to be presented prior to boarding.