Amman is built on seven hills, or jabals, each of which more or less defines a neighborhood.Most jabals once had a traffic circle, and although most of these have now been replaced by traffic lights, Amman’s geography is often described in reference to the eight circles which form the spine of the city. First Circle is located near downtown, and the series extends westward through Eighth Circle.
Most of Amman’s noteworthy historical sites are clustered in the downtown area, which sits at the bottom of four of Amman’s seven hills, or jabals. The ancient Citadel, which towers above the city from atop Jabal al-Qala’a, is a good place to begin a tour of the city. The Citadel is the site of ancient Rabbath-Ammon, and excavations here have revealed numerous Roman, Byzantine and early Islamic remains. The most impressive building of the Citadel, known simply as al-Qasr ("the Palace"), dates back to the Islamic Umayyad period. Its exact function is unclear, but it includes a monumental gateway, an audience hall and four vaulted chambers. A colonnaded street also runs through the complex. To the north and northeast are the ruins of Umayyad palace grounds.
Book Your Tour Online Now
Dead Sea Amman Beach
Amman-Jerash & Dead Sea Full Day Travel Tour - Itinerary
- 08:00 Hotel Pick up - Beginning of Amman Tour
- From 08:00 - 10:00 Visiting Amman Citadel & Roman theater & the museum -Moving towards Jerash City
- From 11:00 - 14:00 Jerash tour & Moving to Dead Sea Area
- From 15:00 - 17:00 Enjoying Dead Sea Beach
- 18:00 Home / Hotel Drop Off at Amman
Jordan - Amman - Jerash & Dead Sea Full Day Tour Highlights:
- Amman city- Jerash City & Dead Sea Full Day Private Travel Tour From Amman.
- Pick up & Drop Off can be scheduled from Amman International airport with extra charges of 30$ - Except Petra Trip "Free Airport pickup-Drop off".
- English Speaking driver / Assistant guide.
- Home / Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- Entry Fees, local sites tour guides, meals , and tips are not included.
- Modern vehicle with AC is used.
- Main tourism sites like Petra, Jerash, Umm Qais, & Nebo are self-Guided (Local Tour guide can be used if desired)